An Enigma Called SSR

 

Last year this day my afternoon slumber was broken by a disturbing news of Sushant Singh Rajput no more. Soon after all the new channels,social networking sites all and sundry started talking about him and his greatness as a actor. 

Now I won't say that I was his biggest fan and all but somehow his death seemed like a personal loss, like someone we knew of, promising ,self made and also intelligent.I had noticed him in Pavitra Rishta and he looked promising. I am not a serial buff but came to see him regularly in dance shows, movie trailers and award functions. Like many he as MS Dhoni was when I realized his charm as an actor. A country where cricket is religion and cricketers are Gods he played the man himself who has a larger than life image and persona MS Dhoni.

 

Now to copy someone’s mannerisms and playing styles is no mean feat. Hats off to the way he transformed himself. The whole movie time he was Dhoni and not S S R. Now that’s what I call talent. I became a fan.

His choice of movies was different. He was a man of many talents and facets acting being one of them. I liked the way he wore different hats and still managed to be at the top of his game. I guess we all feel this as more personal because we are used to see actors mostly from the  industry background or even school drop outs who have worked hard to crave a niche for themselves.

Sushant Singh was an exception to this and an actor who is well read, educated with topping the Olympiads, talking about quantum physics, astronaut, who star gazes, can write with both hands and more of all a dreamer who connected with his fans also. Maybe he being someone among st us yet managing to dream about a different kind of success which is rare is what bonds us.

 Even today seeing his fans and well wishers fighting to give him a closure he deserves is heart warming. I still am unable to believe he is no more. I hope and pray he is at peace wherever he is and always keep smiling.

 Thank you Sushant for all the memories,love and dreams you lived and wished to live. You have inspired,touched hearts of many. You will always be remembered and loved because legends never die. They just depart and live through their work.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts