A trip down the lane

I love festive seasons. This is the time I miss my family then the most. Family not only means the immediate ones. They sometimes are around with me too. 😊😊 Family to me also means the extended friends, the old lanes, my home, old times. They always remind me of the good times and the wonderful friends and times we spent.

Ganesha is very special to me. He's the most favorite God to me alongside Krishna. He has given me the most beautiful family, partner and kid. Memories of Ganesha go back since I don't remember. He's one of the reasons I met my life partner too. He's been a part of all good and bad I face. My strength, my faith. Even now in turbulent times I look for him to bless and pave me out. I always believe he's around me.

Born and brought up in Maharashtra this one was a festival we all used to enjoy. So many bappa idols, so many Poojas, aartis,Prasad. We used to have the idols brought in our neighbours place, our colony and every street and corner celebrate with equal happiness and pomp. I believe Ganesha celebrated in Maharashtra is the best.

Our day started early with shouts of Ganpati Bappa Moraya and we used to enjoy going to sing Atharvashishya in neighborhood. We used to have songs dance and entertainment in our area. All used to participate and do their best. When the Ganesha used to leave on the 5th day we all used to cry and already started looking forward for the next year.  The empty pandals next day used to look so sad and lost. :(

Looking forward to welcome you this year too with great joy and happiness in heart.

Comments

Popular Posts