Movies, these days

I love watching films. Films make me happy, sad and I guess I like to experience all the emotions watching the. I like to watch films with happy endings. The movies which don’t require much of thinking, those are my favorites. I also like to watch thought provoking films. Basically, the kind of movies I watch depends on my mood. But mostly, happy with a social message does the trick.

Recently, I re watched Page 3 and was bowled over by the research and was a good thought provoking one, reflecting the facts of the society. I also love Fashion, Talwars etc to name a few. But my all-time favorites are comedies. They help me de stress and forget about the problems for a while. Classics work for me. These days have started watching few Malayalam movies too and have been impressed by the content. I loved Bangalore Days. Nothing beats old Hindi movies; the humor then was subtle and could be related to. These days comedies are losing their charm. The humor is not very great, nor do we remember them later. Unlike cult movies like Sholay, Andaz Apna Apna and Yeh jawaani hai Deewani too. The dialogues, songs linger in the minds for long and can be re watched. Romantic movies too these days are nothing compared to the older ones. Other than romance everything else is seen. Nowadays, most of the movies can’t be watched with kids. L. Family movies are losing their way these days. I still remember watching Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kal ho na ho etc with parents and never felt guilty. But I can’t take kiddo for most of the movies today, thanks to the content. L


What’s your take on this?




Comments

Popular Posts