An ode to Mumbai
This is a city of dreams, unlimited energy and the most loving people on earth. Come any crisis, this city never ever sleeps or stops. Keep moving on is the mantra of this city..
Born and brought up in this city, I have always been in awe of this city. This is one message that was circulating which I loved. So here's what I learnt from this city and the one that always would be loved, no matter wherever I go and whatever I do, I owe a lot to this city.😊
Here's what Mumbai thought me:
1) Mumbai Taught Me:
Either you are a millionaire or a ragpicker you must love Vadapav.
2) Mumbai Taught Me: Nothing is more important in your life than Money.! Whether you’re alive or dead.!
3) Mumbai Taught Me: It makes a lot of difference to catch a 8.55 am local than to catch 9.05 am local.
4) Mumbai Taught Me: How to behave, how to tackle problems, how to make friends in just 10 minutes, how to behave at Global Stage.
5) Mumbai Taught Me: There will always be someone to share the first drop of Monsoon or a piping hot bhutta with at Marine Drive.
6) Mumbai Taught Me: That if you can survive this city you can survive anywhere in the world.
7) Mumbai Taught Me: That broke days can be happy days because Mumbai has vada pav, cutting chai and Rustom’s ice-cream sandwich.
8) Mumbai Taught Me: That there is a vast difference between people traveling in Western, Central and Harbour line.
9) Mumbai Taught Me: That you can own 5% of Pune or Bangalore, or buy a 3 BHK in Juhu for the same price.
10) Mumbai Taught Me:
There is something called 0.5 BHK, and you may not afford it.
11) Mumbai Taught Me:
Not to drink and abuse security guard at Wankhede Stadium.
12) Mumbai Taught Me:
Not to sleep on footpath at night.
13) Mumbai Taught Me:
How to talk to strangers without feeling awkward.
14) Mumbai Taught Me:
Distance is measured in time and not KMS.
15) Mumbai Taught Me:
That problems can’t be solved easily but can be kept away for a while by contemplatively sitting near sea.
16) Mumbai Taught Me:
We can have bus friends, train friends, office friends, mohalla friends even beach friends...not only just school or college friends.
17) Mumbai Taught Me:
To fight and never give up in life.